Numinus is on a mission to create an ecosystem of health solutions centered around developing and supporting the safe, evidence-based, accessible use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. The costs of mental illness, addiction and trauma are too high – that’s why we’re developing new treatments and approaches that use rigorous, up-to-date research and methodologies to support solutions for healing. We are a public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol $NUMI.
We have an opportunity for a Chief Communications Officer to join our team of subject-matter experts across healthcare, research, operations and compliance.
This is a senior executive role responsible for developing, advising and executing on internal and external communications and marketing strategies that help establish Numinus with the public, healthcare industry, and capital markets as an innovative, emerging healthcare leader while aligning with internal stakeholders and elevating the Numinus team and brand overall..
This is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing communications leader experienced in corporate marketing strategy development and execution, including capital markets and investor relations and ideally brand development and digital marketing, for a publicly-traded company. The candidate should have a track record of collaborating cross-functionally with internal stakeholders from c-level executives to operators and external stakeholders including investor relations, government relations, public relations media agencies and marketing.
● Develop overall communications and marketing strategy tying in IR, PR, GR and business.
○ Developing proactive and flexible IR communications strategies and plans tailored to regional markets;
○ Contributing to key messaging strategies, including aspects of the Communications Guide, that clearly reflect the Numinus “voice”;
○ Developing Numinus’ digital and social corporate presence through audience segmentation, acquisition and engagement strategies;
○ Overseeing corporate content creation and ensuring quality across different channels, including email, video and newsletters.
○ Developing strategic communications plans for conferences and events, both Numinus-hosted and participating events;
○ Identifying and developing thought leadership opportunities both for the organization and for key Numinus executives;
● Overseeing and coordinating PR/GR efforts in partnership with PR agency/agencies inclusive of content development and marketing.
○ Managing the process for all news releases, from drafting to approvals to publication, between internal/external team members, partners and vendors;
○ Sourcing and executing top-level media opportunities, together with partner PR agency;
○ Strategically promoting Numinus research, partnerships and publications for media and regulatory exposure.
● Assess, develop and implement internal best practices, workflows and processes that enable IR, PR and Marketing team members and partners/vendors to contribute at their best.
● Provide thoughtful and strategic communications and marketing counsel to senior leadership.
● Develop and promote the brand.
○ Supporting the continuous improvement of Numinus’ brand assets;
○ Supporting the continuous improvement of user experience on Numinus’ websites and other digital platforms (corporate and subsidiaries).
● Coordinate efforts of marketing partners and support through provision of branded content.
○ Supporting the approvals process to ensure partner content abides by Numinus’ compliance requirements.
● Support the development and execution of marketing strategies for business operations inclusive of the clinics and the lab.
● Build and oversee a team of contract and full time professionals including copywriters, public relations and investor relations marketing agencies.
● A senior communications professional with 15+ years’ senior leadership experience and a strong track record in corporate communications, investor relations, capital markets, public relations, marketing and branding.
● A graduate degree in communications; an MBA a plus.
● Experience working for a publicly traded company a must.
● Highly strategic c-level operator with deep experience in strategy execution and building high performing communications and marketing teams.
● Demonstrated experience driving an integrated plan across communications, investor relations, public relations, brand development and promotion, digital marketing, internal communications and crisis communications.
● Deep experience in the following areas:
○ Capacity to oversee and efficiently manage dynamic global communications across all key markets with a focus on Canada and the US.
○ Investor relations communications and marketing targeting retail and institutional investors.
○ Developing public relations programs promoting the brand, developing internal thought leaders, and establishing influencer relationships.
● Strong data and analytical mindset and an ability to set measure and report on key performance indicators.
● Exceptional writing and editing skills; outstanding attention to detail to mitigate reputational risk.
● Experience in highly regulated industries such as healthcare or controlled substances an asset.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of seniority in a tactful and engaging manner.
● Ability to work with many personalities and operate at a high-level while under pressure from deadlines, inquiries and regulatory requirements.
● Experience managing external IR marketing, PR, marketing and brand agencies and ensuring strong ROI
We thank all who apply. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.