Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why they’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and transform the mental health landscape.
Since their public listing in May 2020, they have been creating the building blocks to the foundation of their company with the goal of providing access to safe, evidence-based use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies. These building blocks include:
● Raising a total of $27.5M during 2020.
● Acquiring MindSpace, a full-service well-being organization who is pioneering psychedelic programming, having 3 operating clinics in Montreal;
● Collaborating with MAPS Public Benefit Corporation to seek approval to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD through a single-arm open-label trial;
● Signing an agreement with Syreon to undertake a compassionate access clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for substance use disorders;
● Becoming the 1st Canadian public company to legally harvest Psilocybe Mushrooms.
Numinus’ strategy team is expanding to find a vision and mission aligned person to join the team as a Director Merger & Acquisitions and Footprint Expansion. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this full-time role is responsible for sourcing and directing opportunities to create advantaged business models to drive higher structural revenues and margins while informing change management and integration methodologies. This role partners with leaders to select and implement appropriate changes and to achieve major business initiatives including acquisitions, footprint expansion, and strategic partnerships. They would make recommendations for approval and commencement of action plans / investment before developing and integrating learnings into evolving best practices or a playbook.
● Refine acquisition criteria and sourcing strategies, developing a pipeline of opportunities
● Prepare financial, business, and market assessments on specific merger and acquisition targets
● Work with the executive team to highlight risks and opportunities for targets;
● Work closely/coordinate activities with all other departments including operations, marketing, and legal
● Maintain continuous communication with potential targets
● Ensure all relevant parties are informed with appropriate deadlines
● Support throughout the closing of mergers and acquisitions
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
● Bachelor’s degree and MBA required with 8-10 years of progressive M&A experience
● Past experience in leading M&A strategy development, either with a team or solo
● Strong financial analysis skills; highly proficient in Excel
● Demonstrated proficiency in writing and presentation skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high level of organization and attention to detail
● High-level analytical and strategic experience
● Highly organized self-starter who can manage multiple projects and figure out complex problems without a lot of oversight
This position can be fully remote. If you are located in Vancouver, due to government health regulations for COVID-19, their teams are working remotely. Once COVID-19 restrictions are eased, their teams will have the option of working from their office in Gastown. Travel to Numinus’ subsidiaries may be required.
Numinus, is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. They welcome and celebrate differences because they believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help them achieve their ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people they serve. Their culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.