Our client, Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why they’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge mental health solutions including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy with a view to transforming the mental health landscape.
Since their public listing in May 2020, they have been creating the building blocks to the foundation of our company with the goal of providing access to safe, evidence-based use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies. These building blocks include:
● Raising a total of $27.5M during 2020.
● Acquiring MindSpace, a full service well-being organization who is pioneering psychedelic programming, having 3 operating clinics in Montreal;
● Collaborating with MAPS Public Benefit Corporation to seek approval to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD through a single-arm open label trial;
● Signing an agreement with Syreon to undertake a compassionate access clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for substance use disorders;
● Becoming the 1st Canadian public company to legally harvest Psilocybe Mushrooms.
Numinus is looking to hire Laboratory Services Sales and Marketing Manager who will lead the sales and marketing efforts of Numinus Bioscience, the area of the organization responsible for developing analytical methods and formulations of controlled substances including cannabis and the evolving psychedelics space. Numinus holds a cannabis analytics testing license and a controlled drugs and substances license to test and research several psychedelics substances – both from Health Canada.
This position will be responsible for growing revenue in the areas of high velocity testing (for cannabis, psychedelics and other products) and contract lab research (psychedelics). It will also help to establish Numinus Bioscience in key areas including:
Advancing awareness and clients for Numinus Biosciences include elevating awareness of the industry in general. As a nascent industry, the role of the Laboratory Services Sales and Marketing Manager will be to raise the profile of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy in general.
● Develop a laboratory sales, business development and marketing strategy that will grow the client and partner base for Numinus Bioscience for high-velocity testing (cannabis, psychedelics, and other products) and contract lab research (psychedelics).
● Develop a target list, identify leads and build a pipeline of potential customers and partners
● In addition to other sectors and services, specifically, target the Cannabis sector and position Numinus Bioscience as a leading testing provider in the cannabis space
● Develop a process to store, score and qualify leads and opportunities as well as using a CRM to optimize all business development activity
● Use relationship selling to create strong customer and partner relationships that promote loyalty and long term customer retention
● Develop relationships with leadership, QA, Regulatory and Science teams within prospect organizations
● Create pitches and deliver presentations to stakeholders across prospect organizations including decision-makers
● Communicate new product developments to prospective clients and partners and keep them appraised of company news
● Help to uncover new markets and areas of growth for the company
● Understand the unique needs and wants of each client segment
● Create a B2B marketing/digital marketing strategy including the development of marketing materials and campaigns that target buyers while elevating the Numinus Bioscience brand and increasing awareness
● Attend events and conferences virtually and in-person when appropriate
● Develop a solid understanding of the Numinus Bioscience offerings and for the psychedelics industry in general and stay abreast of developments in the sector
● Stay on top of evolving government regulations and develop a deep understanding of the constraints of marketing in a highly regulated industry
● Act as the face of Numinus Biosciences with existing and prospective customers and partners
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
● A Science Degree would be preferred
● 5+ years of sales experience with deep experience in business development, sales and marketing with a deep understanding of the end-to-end B2B sales cycle from awareness/lead generation to deal close and follow-up.
● A demonstrated history in developing new clients and partnerships, negotiation and closing new business.
● Experience in relationship-based selling methodologies
● Demonstrated track record developing and executing strategic B2B marketing plans and tactics as well as developing marketing materials and campaigns to support business development efforts
● Ability to work cross-functionally both internally and externally to influence key stakeholders to push initiatives forward quickly
● Experience or working knowledge of operating in a highly regulated industry particularity as it relates to business development and marketing activities
● A degree or background in a science-based industry is considered a strong asset
● Understand/ability to learn about working in a controlled environment and learn about vendor qualifications
● Understand/ability to learn about analytical techniques and testing methods
● Persuasive and relational, good at quickly understanding situations and recognizing value
● Experience working in start-ups and hypergrowth / quickly changing environments
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
● Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
● The ability to operate with minimal supervision but with strong team communication and collaboration skills
● Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt as well as maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
● Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
● Accountable for results strives to meet and exceed expectations
This position can be fully remote. If you are located in Vancouver, due to government health regulations for COVID-19, their teams are working remotely. Once COVID-19 restrictions are eased, their teams will have the option of working from their office in Gastown.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.