They are looking to add a Lead Designer to the Agency side of their business. This position is responsible for producing high-quality design deliverables for client projects and includes leading a team of designers, developing their skills and ensuring that they maintain their reputation as delivering exceptional design aesthetics that wow clients.
Reporting to the Agency General Manager, this position works collaboratively with Sales, Product/Project Management, Developers, and QA to deliver the best possible experience for clients. In this role, you’ll tap into your deep knowledge of what’s achievable in e-commerce, by keeping up to date on UX/UI trends and embracing new technology options. Your experience will help you to lead the design team to produce best in class sites that showcase clients products and services.
You’ll be part of a close team that sees strong communication, exploration, and collaboration as fundamental to its success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading design initiatives; creating sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes as appropriate.
- Collaborating with the Agency team to deliver client-defined project scopes. Voicing design needs to our team and our clients to ensure that we keep the high design standards on all of our projects.
- Participating in the client-facing presentation of design: pitches, project reports, critiques.
- Producing high-quality design deliverables for client projects that meet or exceed industry standards and best practices.
- Mentoring and supporting your direct reports by advocating for UX best practices, accessibility, and design standards.
- Reviewing the design of ongoing development, providing feedback and guidance to the development team to help achieve our high standards for quality.
- Evaluating and identifying opportunities for improvement in how we approach design in Agency.
What you need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience producing designs for websites and apps for both desktop and mobile devices, preferably in the e-commerce space (and particularly with Shopify)
- Experience leading, coaching, mentoring, and developing team members for career growth
- Experience communicating opinions and perspectives on suggested improvements in a team context, advocating for the best solution and reasoning behind it.
- Experience with Figma and InVision or similar design tools.
- Basic understanding of and experience with HTML5/CSS3/JS. We don’t expect you to code, but we expect you to know enough to understand how your designs will be translated to the web.
- Experience producing high-quality wireframes, mockups, prototypes and developing priority guides a plus.
- Experience designing in a collaborative setting, gathering input and feedback from a diverse set of sources and helping everyone feel included in the process.
- Strong communication skills, able to explain the reasoning behind designing decisions, educating others in the process
- Basic understanding of user experience workflows, how to implement them, and why they are used.
- Detail-orientation and a high standard for quality in the finished product with a good understanding of colour science and combinations
It would be great if you also had:
- Brand Development experience
- Experience producing high-quality wireframes, mockups, prototypes and developing priority guides
- Interviewing and testing designs with users
- Facilitating collaborative design exercises, leveraging the knowledge of a diverse set of stakeholders
- Familiarity with designing to meet accessibility and usability requirements
Please include a cover letter and portfolio with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. Our client values diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
Our client is a company built on creativity, teamwork, and employee well-being. They trust their team members and encourage them to design their work schedules so that they can get the most out of their day. They value challenging themselves and others to ask questions that uncover better solutions for the future, and they get joy from being around fun, communication-focused folks who want to make a difference at their work!
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
To apply, please send a summary of who you are as well as your resume to email@example.com and please reference where you saw this posting.