Remote (preference for Montreal or Toronto)
Our client, Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why they’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge mental health solutions including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy with a view to transforming the mental health landscape.
Since their public listing in May 2020, they have been creating the building blocks to the foundation of our company with the goal of providing access to safe, evidence-based use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies. These building blocks include:
● Raising a total of $27.5M during 2020.
● Acquiring MindSpace, a full service well-being organization who is pioneering psychedelic programming, having 3 operating clinics in Montreal;
● Collaborating with MAPS Public Benefit Corporation to seek approval to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD through a single-arm open label trial;
● Signing an agreement with Syreon to undertake a compassionate access clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for substance use disorders;
● Becoming the 1st Canadian public company to legally harvest Psilocybe Mushrooms.
Numinus is seeking a vision and mission aligned operations leader to join the team as a Clinical Operations Director reporting to the VP, National Clinic Operations. This role is responsible for implementing and integrating new clinic operations, and managing resources and operations through the development of operating and capital budgets, processes, systems and building of teams.
● Develop plans and oversee staff responsible for the implementation of Numinus’ growing clinic network and clinical activities.
● Responsible and accountable for defining the operational strategy across large therapy area(s)
● Identifies, sponsors and/or leads, key organizational process development and improvement initiatives
● Develops or directs the development of process standards, policies and SOPs
● Oversee the implementation of EHR systems
● Participates in the development and implementation of departmental strategy and infrastructure
● Leads Clinical R&D contracting and outsourcing activities on a program or project level
● Develops, mentors, and plans for succession of leadership
● Develops internal metrics and industry benchmarks (where available) to assess organizational performance and optimize operational excellence
● Responsible for determining and communicating to senior management adequate resource requirements
● Collaborate and communicate program/department/service needs and outcomes
● Ensure programs/departments/ services operate within approved financial mandate
● Review and endorse budgets and financial plans developed by Managers
● Oversee development of policies supports for integration and standardization of health programs/services, capacity and ensuring a systems perspective
● Ensure standardization of practice, quality, safety and cost-effectiveness support creating integrated patient/client/resident-centred care
● Provide leadership to support engagement and respect through the support of the well-being and safety of our people through effective feedback, retention strategies, work practices that support work/life balance and the encouragement of personal and professional development.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
● Bachelors or Master’s in healthcare administration or related degree with 15+ years of healthcare experience
● 10+ years progressive management experience in director or higher-level roles in multi-clinic healthcare operations
● Awareness of how to operate a healthcare business and provide medical services to comply with multiple, jurisdictional regulatory bodies
● Exposure to designing and/or building/retrofitting facilities to provide high touch personally focused services, ideally within a medica/healthcare/wellness context
● Managed delivery of services in a medical/healthcare/wellness environment, ideally with an interdisciplinary service model
● Budget management and ideally, experience managing a P/L
● Scaled a team to meet high growth
● Experience working in start-ups and hypergrowth / quickly changing environments
● Experience in mental health is an asset
● Planner and problem solver
● Hands-on, collaborative, collegial, take accountability and will dive in to make sure things get done
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
● Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter
● Demonstrated ability to build, lead and manage high-performance teams while also functioning as an individual contributor/team member
● Project management, disciplined process orientation
This position can be fully remote though it is expected that clinics within the region are regularly visited – particularly during clinic set-up and opening. If you are located in Vancouver, due to government health regulations for COVID-19, teams are working remotely. Once COVID-19 restrictions are eased, teams will have the option of working from their office in Gastown.
Numinus, is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. They welcome and celebrate differences because they believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help them achieve their ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people they serve. Their culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.