They are looking to add a Product Designer to the apps development team who will help them to create new products and improve existing products that solve key problems for the ecommerce markets they serve (particularly in Shopify).
Reporting to the Apps General Manger, this position will work collaboratively with their product manger, developers, support specialists and product marketers, working empirically and iteratively to turn winning ideas into successful products while maintaining a high standard for quality along the way.
Success in the role is not just about creating outstanding work individually, it’s about collaborating effectively with others to produce a superior product that fulfils unmet needs and empowers their users. You’ll be part of a close-knit team that sees strong communication, exploration and collaboration as fundamental to their success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading SaaS product design initiatives; creating sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes as appropriate, including app administrative interfaces and storefront elements
- Performing continuous discovery with users, carrying out research and testing to understand user needs & behaviour and designing potential solutions based on results
- Mentoring and supporting other team members by advocating for UX best practices,
- accessibility, and design standards
- Guiding the design of ongoing development, providing feedback and collaborating with the development team to help achieve our high standards for quality
- Evaluating and identifying opportunities for improvement in how we approach design in Apps: our methods, tools, and design directions in our products themselves
Things you need to have:
- Experience in e-commerce platforms, particularly Shopify
- An insatiable curiosity to deeply understand our customers, the context they’re operating within, and the jobs they’re hiring our products to perform
- An eye for novel solutions to challenging user problems or unmet needs
- Experience iteratively improving products with a development team, using qualitative and quantitative data to guide decisions
- A holistic approach towards UX design, considering the end-to-end user lifecycle with our products and considering user segments
- A drive to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in a rapidly-evolving ecosystem, highlighting trends and identifying opportunities
- Experience designing in a collaborative setting, gathering input and feedback from a diverse set of stakeholders and helping everyone feel included in the process
- Strong communication skills, able to explain the reasoning behind designing decisions, educating others in the process
- Fluency with established modern design tools such as Figma or Sketch, leveraging them to optimize integration points with development
- Knowledge and experience with a diverse set of UX design frameworks, models, and techniques, knowing when they should be applied
- Detail-orientation with a high standard for quality in the finished product
- Experience designing effectively in a remote environment
- Understanding of what is involved in translating designs into code for the web (HTML/CSS/Github); able to anticipate common challenges that can occur in the process
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience designing for e-commerce solutions, especially Shopify
- Interviewing and testing designs with users
- Facilitating collaborative design exercises, leveraging the knowledge of a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience using a design system or methodology to improve workflow speed and
- efficiency, such as Shopify Polaris
- Motion graphic and animation design
- Familiarity with designing to meet accessibility and usability requirements
Please include a cover letter and portfolio with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. Our client values diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
Our client is a company built on creativity, teamwork, and employee well-being. They trust their team members and encourage them to design their work schedules so that they can get the most out of their day. They value challenging themselves and others to ask questions that uncover better solutions for the future, and they get joy from being around fun, communication-focused folks who want to make a difference at their work!
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
To apply, please send a summary of who you are as well as your resume to email@example.com and please reference where you saw this posting.