Our client is a leading provider of fresh, quality, ready-made hot food available for takeout and delivery. With over 30 years in their line of business, they are Canadian owned and committed to being market leaders in customer service, franchise engagement and sustainability.
Due to growth and their undertaking of a significant technology transformation project they are looking to add a brand new position to the team – Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer.
This critical role will work both strategically and hands-on to lead the development of a framework that leads to automating most of their testing. The talent most drawn to this role will have the ability to think critically – to propose and deliver on strategy – and who is hands-on and can architect and implement solutions.
In return, you’ll be working with a small and highly intelligent team, contributing creatively to the direction of the business while working in a culture that values fun, a flexible schedule and competitive compensation.
While our first choice goes to talent based in GVRD we are open to remote candidates as well as those who are interested in making a move to Vancouver from another location.
See below for a list of responsibilities and experience and thanks for stopping by!
(Please note that due to COVID-19 this position is remote until further notice.)
• Reporting to the Director of Solutions Delivery and leading the QA automation practice
• Developing the software quality assurance automation strategy, identifying tools necessary to get the job done, and contribute to the vision and to the future direction of systems
• Deciding/procuring and implementing an automated testing framework
• Working with the Dev-Ops team in creating rapid, reliable, and repeatable processes and delivering business value across the IT value chain
• Developing automated tests using Java/Python, SQL, and other scripts
• Writing automation and performing functional, regression, smoke, black box, load, performance, and end-to-end testing
• Writing and/or modifying SQL queries to perform database validations
• Executing and evaluating manual and automated test cases
• Monitoring automation processes and producing automated test logs/reports
• Working with functional teams to reduce error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends
• Troubleshooting defects in existing code
• Working with support, stakeholders, and developers to aid in the replication of software defects
• Making suggestions/contributions to the improvement of software testing/quality
• Contributing to meetings, scrums, and inter-team interaction
• Researching and making recommendations regarding new technology available and its proper application
• Reviewing development requirements and specifications for completeness, clarity, correctness, consistency, testability, and other necessary attributes of good requirements and specifications
• Minimum of 7-10 years of quality assurance experience and strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and testing processes
• 5-7 years of experience working on QA automation: planning, scripting, testing, and documentation and management of testing automation initiatives
• Experience in building QA automation framework from scratch
• A clear understanding of QA methodologies and when to use them
• Demonstrated ability to drive software testing best practices & strategy
• Advanced knowledge and strong hands-on experience in testing with client-facing products on web & mobile platforms as well as server-side algorithms
• Hands-on experience with automated and manual test execution
• Solid understanding of high-performance scalable systems
• AWS or other cloud experience including Terraform/Cloud Formation would be an asset
• Development experience using Java and/or Python is required
• Hands-on experience working with SQL queries
• Experience with Selenium/FitNesse/Robot/Cypress/Appium/Robotium or similar test automation tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and fanatical attention to detail
• Ability to complete tasks efficiently and with high quality
• Experience working in an agile software development team
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Motivated self-starter who is quick to adapt and work with minimal supervision
• Active and keen learner who keeps up-to-date with industry trends
• Good abstract thinking abilities (e.g., to quickly identify bugs in esoteric cases)
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or appropriate fields is preferred
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A company that has sustainability as one of its core values
• Corporate support for community volunteering during work hours
• Employee referral bonus program
• Learning opportunities including support for training, self-development and well-being
• Support for the work-life balance including a flexible schedule
• A food allowance to their menu with your friends and family
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.