Remote (preference for Vancouver or Toronto)
Our client Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why they’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge mental health solutions including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies to transform the mental health landscape.
Since their public listing in May 2020, they have been creating the building blocks to the foundation of their company with the goal of providing access to safe, evidence-based use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies. These building blocks include:
● Raising a total of $27.5M during 2020.
● Acquiring MindSpace, a full service well-being organization who is pioneering psychedelic programming, having 3 operating clinics in Montreal;
● Collaborating with MAPS Public Benefit Corporation to seek approval to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD through a single arm open label trial;
● Signing an agreement with Syreon to undertake a compassionate access clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for substance use disorders;
● Becoming the 1st Canadian public company to legally harvest Psilocybe Mushrooms.
Numinus is looking for a VP Marketing to guide the company’s marketing efforts through this next stage of explosive growth. Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, this senior leadership position be responsible for creating and executing Numinus’ marketing and brand strategy that ties together all departments (corporate needs, clinic operations, practitioner promotion, laboratory operations) and acquisitions with a strategic and hands-on approach and through the hiring, managing and coaching of an internal marketing team as well as external agencies. This leader will be responsible for the creation and development of innovative marketing strategies, campaigns and programs to grow the brand and increase revenue, leveraging their track record of success working across a wide range of marketing channels. This leader will also be responsible for the development and execution of a rebranding strategy in line with the company’s M&A, growth strategy.
● Lead the overall marketing and branding strategy for Numinus and all of its subsidiaries with assigned budget and targets
● Establish goals, develop a scalable marketing strategy and create integrated marketing programs that support the priorities and long term goals of the business as a whole and that also brings awareness and action to the wider mental-health and wellness landscape
● Develop segmented marketing strategies that enable targeted marketing to consumers including champions, clients, influencers, partners, practitioners, governing bodies and education institutions
● Reinforce and strengthen the brand voice and elevate the reputation of the organization, positioning it as a pioneer and as a leader
● Establish an online presence that drives awareness and engagement activating influencers and consumers to engage with and elevate the brand
● Develop proactive data mining and analysis tools and reports to extract insights and help steer business decisions, strategies and campaigns.
● Work cross-functionally with other members of the organization to align business objectives to marketing strategy including communications, service delivery, sales, business development, medical team, laboratory team, and strategic partnerships
● Lead all planning and process for the marketing team including hiring internally and external agencies
● Develop and mentor marketing team members
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
● Minimum 10 years of experience in B2B and B2C marketing in relevant sectors
● A demonstrated track record of success growing a brand into a leadership position in an emerging industry
● Experience optimizing all marketing channels and programs including email marketing, performance marketing, social media, content marketing, growth marketing strategies, mobile, offline, media and PR, community engagement and grassroots marketing
● A strong creative streak and demonstrated track record of brand development and storytelling
● Experience creating internal marketing systems and infrastructure for the existing business and new market expansion
● Experience promoting brands and marketing services in highly regulated markets would be considered an asset
● Strong communication and problem-solving skills
● Highly reactive and entrepreneurial
● Experience working in start-ups and hypergrowth / quickly changing environments
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
● Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
● Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams while also functioning as an individual contributor
● Experience working in a regulated space is an asset
This position can be fully remote. If you are located in Vancouver, due to government health regulations for COVID-19, their teams are working remotely. Once COVID-19 restrictions are eased, their teams will have the option of working from their office in Gastown.
At Numinus, they are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. They welcome and celebrate differences because they believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help them achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people they serve. Their culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.