Remote (preference for Vancouver or Toronto)
Our client Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why they’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge mental health solutions including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies to transform the mental health landscape.
Since their public listing in May 2020, they have been creating the building blocks to the foundation of their company with the goal of providing access to safe, evidence-based use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies. These building blocks include:
● Raising a total of $27.5M during 2020.
● Acquiring MindSpace, a full service well-being organization who is pioneering psychedelic programming, having 3 operating clinics in Montreal;
● Collaborating with MAPS Public Benefit Corporation to seek approval to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD through a single arm open label trial;
● Signing an agreement with Syreon to undertake a compassionate access clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for substance use disorders;
● Becoming the 1st Canadian public company to legally harvest Psilocybe Mushrooms.
Numinus is expanding their leadership team seeking a vision and mission aligned and seasoned clinic operations executive to own the development, expansion, implementation and management of their clinic operations, nationally. The Vice President, National Clinic Operations, reporting to the COO, will lead the strategic design and development of a network of clinics, with P/L responsibility, and will be responsible for ensuring optimal configuration and operations to promote a high quality and consistent care journey experience, for practitioners and clients.
● Lead and oversee all elements of the operational implementation and management of Numinus’ clinical sites nationally
● Lead resource allocation recommendations, prioritization and budgeting to ensure department goals and milestones are aligned and meet corporate goals and timelines
● Serve as primary contact for functional area team leaders in managing protocol execution, analysis and reporting
● Oversee the development review and approval of clinic documents related to clinic operations
● Oversee the implementation of EHR systems
● Works cross-functionally with medical and psychology team leads, communications, performance marketing, finance, HR, real estate / infrastructure, and growth (M&A) teams
● Lead operational strategy meetings to review clinic growth, progress, and risk assessment and management
● Analyze ongoing risk assessments with accompanying mitigation plans and contingency plans
● Mentors direct reports and supports leadership continuity planning. Identifies current and future requirements to support program/service development and delivery.
● Provides leadership through coaching, guiding, modelling corporate values and encouraging dialogue to create a respectful and motivating environment that encourages achievement of personal goals and performance targets.
● Represents Numinus by attending industry meetings, speaking engagements, participating in booth exhibitions, etc., and by publishing scientific or industry related articles in industry journals.
● Maintain a high degree of awareness of the external research and regulatory environments and track emerging study data to ensure appropriateness of clinical development plans and trial endpoints
● Demonstrate expertise in business development as it relates to the execution of a national clinic roll out
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
● Bachelors or Master’s in healthcare administration or related degree with 15+ years of healthcare experience
● 10+ years of progressive management experience in director or higher-level roles in multi-clinic healthcare operations
● Awareness of how to operate a healthcare business and provide medical services to comply with multiple, jurisdictional regulatory bodies
● Exposure to designing and/or building/retrofitting facilities to provide high touch personally focused services, ideally within a medical/healthcare/wellness context
● Managed delivery of services in a medical/healthcare/wellness environment, ideally with an interdisciplinary service model
● Budget management and ideally, experience managing a P/L
● Scaled a team to meet high growth
● Experience working in start-ups and hypergrowth / quickly changing environments
● Experience in mental health is an asset
● Highly strategic planner and problem solver
● Hands-on, collaborative, collegial, takes accountability and will dive in to make sure things get done
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
● Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter
● Demonstrated ability to build, lead and manage high performance teams while also functioning as an individual contributor/team member
● Project management, disciplined process orientation
This position can be fully remote. If you are located in Vancouver, due to government health regulations for COVID-19, their teams are working remotely. Once COVID-19 restrictions are eased, their teams will have the option of working from their office in Gastown.
Numinus, is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. They welcome and celebrate differences because they believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help them achieve their ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people they serve. Their culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.